Tuesday, August 14, 2007

it's so quiet....

Well, yesterday was the first day of school, no wife, no kids, only the cat in the house. It was so quiet... almost distractingly quiet. But it's nice to have that time alone. Not having to worry if Alex or Ethan are going to come barging into my office wanting something in the middle of a call with a VP.

Did I mention it's been hot. I don't mean typical Georgia hot, I mean it hasn't rained in almost 2 weeks, feels like 110 degrees, can't even go outside for more than a few minutes HOT. I wonder sometimes why I moved down here, then I remember the last winter I spent up north. -20 degrees as a high, wind chills of -40 and lower. So cold that it takes an hour for your bones to defrost, so cold that cars just don't start. COLD.. and then I remember why I moved

No comments: